The Top 10 Things Couples Argue About, According to For-Real Research
Little annoyances like that are the reason that couples have the majority of their 312 arguments a year, research from betterbathrooms.com finds.
In fact, one in five people admitted they even considered these minor issues big enough to warrant breaking up with their partners, reports The Daily Mail.
Even though the men polled were more relaxed about these bad habits than the women, they were also more likely to consider dumping their girlfriends for nagging them about chores and taking too long to get ready. Presumably, once they realized the alternative -- doing housework themselves -- they didn't.
Men were particularly peeved off when the ladies in their lives left hair in the sink and shower, overfilled the trash, left tissues and dirty cups around the house, flicked TV channels and watched soaps.
On the plus side, if you can't stand the person you're with but are stuck with them for the foreseeable future, nagging does seem to work, with one in four people saying it changed their partner's behavior for the better.
Want to hear the top 10 argument triggers? There's a lot of gross bathroom stuff on there, so you might want to back away from that takeout first.
1. Stubble in the sink
2. Dirty marks in the toilet
3. Flicking TV channels
4. Not replacing toilet paper
5. Leaving the toilet seat up
6. Leaving lights on
7. Leaving dirty cups around the house
8. Leaving wet towels on the floor or bed
9. Hoarding stuff (unless it's money, we're not OK with this)
10. Not flushing the toilet
(Let's be honest: if you do most of the things on this list and have managed to maintain a relationship/live with someone, we're impressed. Highly).
More on MyDaily...
I Had An Affair With My Professor
What a Man's Scent Has To Do With Sex
I Lost 60 Pounds, But I Couldn't Shake the Chubby Chasers
Around the Web
- What Drives Men Away and What Attracts Them - YourTango
- Bill Clinton: It's Still the Economy, Stupid - The Daily Beast
- Do You Want to Know When Your Friends Run Into Your Ex? - The Frisky
- Would You Marry Someone Who Didn't Have a Job? - The Gloss
- And the City That Has the Most Sex Is ... - The Stir, CafeMom
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep Your Makeup Sweat-Proof This Summer - BellaSugar