Women Rank a Man's Scent as Most Important in Choosing a Sex Partner
Dr. Alan Hirsch -- the same guy who found that the smell of pumpkin pie really gets a man heated -- discovered that American women find some strange scents sexually appealing, and that the scents actually vary based on region.
The study tested women in 10 major cities and reported that while New York women love the smell of coffee, ladies from the Twin Cities go wild for cut grass.
Why the difference? "Research has shown that when women are in the presence of a preferred scent, they are more likely to project positive feelings on those around them, which can lead to increased attraction," said Hirsh, who is actually director of something called the Smell & Taste Treatment Research Foundation.
Below, check out the 10 cities Hirsch studied and the scents that ranked first for women. If you live in one of these places, please let us know whether or not this is indeed what gets you going.
1. New York – coffee
2. Los Angeles – lavender
3. Chicago – vanilla
4. Houston – barbeque
5. Atlanta – cherry
6. Phoenix – eucalyptus
7. Philadelphia – clean laundry
8. Dallas – smoke and fireplaces
9. San Diego – suntan lotion and the ocean
10. Minneapolis-St. Paul – cut grass
More on MyDaily...
Financial Infidelity: Would You Lie About Money to Your Significant Other?
I Broke Up With My Boyfriend Because He Refused to Dance
She Found Out Her Fiance Was Gay
Around the Web
- What Drives Men Away and What Attracts Them - YourTango
- Bill Clinton: It's Still the Economy, Stupid - The Daily Beast
- Do You Want to Know When Your Friends Run Into Your Ex? - The Frisky
- Would You Marry Someone Who Didn't Have a Job? - The Gloss
- And the City That Has the Most Sex Is ... - The Stir, CafeMom
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep Your Makeup Sweat-Proof This Summer - BellaSugar