Woman Unfriends Boyfriend on Facebook, Lands in Jail
Jimmy Kimmel called us to slim down our Facebook friends in November, and our friends at YourTango encouraged everyone to break up with their exes by deleting them from their friend lists on Feb. 13. However, doing this might not only cause a scuffle but could also land you in jail.
When Tina Cash got frustrated with her live-in love Thomas Gannon, she solved the situation by changing her relationship status to single on Facebook, and then unfriended her boyfriend. When Gannon confronted 31-year-old Cash, she started throwing stuff at him, including his great-grandfather's framed flag, which hit Gannon in the face, according to the police report.
But Cash wasn't the only guilty party. She told authorities her boyfriend was also hurling things at her and that he allegedly punched her in the head. This dispute not only broke any opportunity of these two resolving things, it also got them both arrested for misdemeanor domestic battery. The two are currently being held in jail without bail.
So, next time you decide to update your relationship status, just remember that it can lead you to some time behind bars.
Around the Web
- What Drives Men Away and What Attracts Them - YourTango
- Bill Clinton: It's Still the Economy, Stupid - The Daily Beast
- Do You Want to Know When Your Friends Run Into Your Ex? - The Frisky
- Would You Marry Someone Who Didn't Have a Job? - The Gloss
- And the City That Has the Most Sex Is ... - The Stir, CafeMom
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep Your Makeup Sweat-Proof This Summer - BellaSugar