Post-Sex Sadness Plagues a Third of Young Women
The study, conducted by the Queensland Institute of Technology, surveyed more than 200 young Australian women, so it may not be indicative of our gender on a larger scale. Still, one out of three respondents said she'd experienced the post-sex blues at some point in her life, and 10 percent said they are frequently or always sad after sleeping with someone.
There was only a moderate correlation between previous sexual abuse and post-sex sadsies, suggesting that personality type or genetics may be factors.
More research will be needed to make that determination. Until then, you can rest easy knowing there are other women out there who are just as miserable and anxious as you are after sex. Maybe that will cheer you up a little bit.
Around the Web
- What Drives Men Away and What Attracts Them - YourTango
- Bill Clinton: It's Still the Economy, Stupid - The Daily Beast
- Do You Want to Know When Your Friends Run Into Your Ex? - The Frisky
- Would You Marry Someone Who Didn't Have a Job? - The Gloss
- And the City That Has the Most Sex Is ... - The Stir, CafeMom
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep Your Makeup Sweat-Proof This Summer - BellaSugar