Men With Hondas Are Husband Material While Porsche Owners Are Players
Robyn Beck, AFP/Getty Images
Researchers at the University of Minnesota looked at men's shopping habits and how they related to other behaviors. They discovered that guys who bought flashy cars like Porsches favored casual relationships, while those who were partial to Honda Civics were more likely to tie the knot.
And though women might find the Porsche drivers alluring, they instinctively know to stay away from them if they're looking for husbands.
"While women did find a man who drove a Porsche more attractive as a date, she did not find him more desirable as a marriage partner," study co-author Jill Sundie told FoxNews.com.
But if they were the kind of girl who just wanted to have fun, they'd go for the guy with the fast car.
"Most women are not looking for a fun, fast time, but apparently they do find a man with a Porsche to be more desirable as a date, so maybe he appears to be more fun," Sundie said.
The research team was also curious to see whether women with expensive cars acted the same way -- but they don't. Sundie said that women typically aren't in the habit of throwing money around to impress men.
So if you're looking for a fling, you might want to head to the Porsche dealership. But if you want a love that will last, check the driver's seat of a Honda. Mr. Right just may be sitting there waiting for you.
Around the Web
- What Drives Men Away and What Attracts Them - YourTango
- Bill Clinton: It's Still the Economy, Stupid - The Daily Beast
- Do You Want to Know When Your Friends Run Into Your Ex? - The Frisky
- Would You Marry Someone Who Didn't Have a Job? - The Gloss
- And the City That Has the Most Sex Is ... - The Stir, CafeMom
- 3 Easy Ways to Keep Your Makeup Sweat-Proof This Summer - BellaSugar